IIRSM & CPD Approved
This course is aimed at anyone who uses abrasive wheels, or employs people who use abrasive wheels as part of their work.
There are a wide range of tools and processes that use abrasive wheels and ensuring these are used correctly and safely is of paramount importance. Applications range from hand grinding to disc cutting. They can be used at all stages of a work process, for making preliminary cuts and scores in materials, or for fine polishing and finishing.
Different wheels will have different properties and characteristics suitable for particular tasks. They also have different weaknesses and can pose different risks and hazards in handling and use. For this reason, it’s important that you always select the right abrasive wheel for the job and use it with the right machinery.
This course covers the anatomy of an abrasive wheel, the dangers associated with their use, Storage and handling and much more.
- 1 Introducing Abrasive Wheels 70% Pass Required
- 2 The Anatomy of an Abrasive Wheel 70% Pass Required
- 3 The Dangers of Abrasive Wheels 70% Pass Required
- 4 Abrasive Wheel Safety 70% Pass Required
- 5 Safe Speeds 70% Pass Required
- 6 Other Wheel Markings 70% Pass Required
- 7 Storage and Handling 70% Pass Required
- 8 Checking and Testing 70% Pass Required
- 9 Training and Certification 70% Pass Required
- 10 Inspections 70% Pass Required
- 11 Course Summary 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 100 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).