Over 350 million people in the world are affected by depression.
This online course will raise awareness of depression and how it can be recognised, diagnosed, classified and treated.
It starts by looking at diagnoses before moving on to define the various types of depression, you’ll also learn about other disorders.
It then looks at the causes of depression and the everyday factors which can make it more difficult to manage effectively.
You’ll learn about depression symptoms in adults, teenagers and children and how to get help.
There’ll be information to help you understand how to recognise and psychotic depression and how it can be treated.
The course also looks at the physical and social effects of depression, including on those living with aperson who is depressed.
Depression management techniques and treatments will be covered, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, Relaxation techniques and Mood management.
Finally, we’ll feature the roles played by diet, exercise and managing work-life balance and lifestyle.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what Depression is and have an understanding of the diagnosis process.
- Recognise the causes and symptoms in adults, children and teenagers.
- Learn the different management techniques used and the support available.
- Recognise the impact of depression on the individual and those around them such as friends and family.
This course is aimed at people in the health and social care sector that would like to increase their awareness of Depression to improve the care they give. It is also written in a way that is accessible to people outside of health and social care and does not assume any prior knowledge of the condition.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Other courses that complement this one could include Developing a Workplace Mental Health Policy, Stress Awareness and Mental Health First Aid.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 The Causes of Depression 70% Pass Required
- 3 Effects on the Individual, Family and Friends 70% Pass Required
- 4 Depression Management and Support: Part 1 70% Pass Required
- 5 Depression Management and Support: Part 2 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).