Electricity is the lifeblood of modern society, it enhances our quality of life and we are becoming increasingly reliant on it to power tools and devices we use for work and entertainment. However, although electricity has many benefits it can also be a hidden killer as it can’t be seen, felt, smelled or heard until someone comes into contact with it.
This course will start by covering the many benefits electricity brings to society, as well as its key components voltage, current and resistance. It will explain the two main types of electricity, cover UK accident and death statistics, and describe a simple way of remembering the electrical hazards. It then goes on to provide basic instructions about how you could safely help someone you suspect has received an electric shock.
Towards the end of the course it includes an overview of the main standards, guidance and legislation that control the use of electricity in the workplace, and finish off by looking at simple maintenance plans and portable appliance testing including who within an organisation would be best to carry out the various checks.
- 1 Overview and Benefits of Electricity 70% Pass Required
- 2 What is Electricity? 70% Pass Required
- 3 How Electricity Can Cause Harm 70% Pass Required
- 4 Legislation, Standards and Key Steps 70% Pass Required
- 5 PAT Testing Standards and Guidance 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).