We’ve all heard and used the words ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ before but what do they actually mean and how do they affect you as an employer or employee?
Well if you take the words on their own they are actually quite different, equality is the state of being equal, especially in rights and opportunities.
Diversity is the state of being different or varied.
However these 2 things should not be seen as opposite to each other, after all people can be different but they still have the same rights.
When it comes to places of work there is legislation in place to ensure that we all meet our responsibilities in relation to equality and diversity… And one way to make sure we meet these responsibilities is through training.
- 1 What is Equality & Diversity 70% Pass Required
- 2 Equality and Diversity Legislation 70% Pass Required
- 3 What do we Mean by Discrimination 70% Pass Required
- 4 Promoting Diversity 70% Pass Required
- 5 Links Between Values, Attitudes and Beliefs 70% Pass Required
- 6 Stereotypes, Prejudices and Discrimination 70% Pass Required
- 7 Institutional Discrimination 70% Pass Required
- 8 Valuing Others 70% Pass Required
- 9 Resistance to Feedback 70% Pass Required
- 10 Course Summary 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 70 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).