Each year in the UK, people are killed, injured and suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs.
So Health & Safety is a significant concern. The government, employers and workers all have an essential role to play in reducing deaths and accidents and preventing ill-health at work.
This course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the online accredited exam. Whilst this course, Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction environment provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS green card application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most common hazards encountered in construction environments from Working at Height and Respiratory Hazards to electrical and chemical hazards.
The course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry.
The course can be used as part of a company induction process. It can also be used to aid in preparation for the level 1 award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment.
For more detailed information on key health and safety issues we offer a wide range of courses including Asbestos Awareness, Manual Handling, Electrical Safety, COSHH, Working at Height, Risk Assessment and many more.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 Hazards, Risks, Assessments and Controls 70% Pass Required
- 3 Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height 70% Pass Required
- 4 Manual handling 70% Pass Required
- 5 Plant, Machinery and Noise 70% Pass Required
- 6 Respiratory Risks 70% Pass Required
- 7 Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety 70% Pass Required
- 8 Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards 70% Pass Required
- 9 Vehicles, PPE and General Safety 70% Pass Required
- 10 Your Pathway to Your CSCS Card 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 120 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).