Manual handling, or to be accurate, incorrect manual handling, is one of the most common causes of injury at work. To try and combat manual handling problems, the Manual Handling Operations Regulations were introduced.
The Regulations lay out duties for both employees and employers. They give a general requirement that employees must be trained to manually handle correctly including the use of any equipment their employer provides to handle loads safely.
This course outlines exactly what constitutes manual handling and covers the regulations and legislation that apply to manual handling tasks. It then goes on to cover safe handling techniques and how to develop good habits in relation to manual handling. It finishes off by introducing some practical solutions and the use of mechanical aids.
Please note that this is an awareness course only, if your duties include manual handling you will also need further practical training, you can get in touch with us to arrange this.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to giving them greater awareness of the dangers that poor manual handling poses, as well as covering safe handling techniques, practical solutions to manual handling issues and the use of mechanical aids.
- 1 What is Manual Handling? 75 Pass % Required
- 2 Manual Handling Regulations 75 Pass % Required
- 3 Safe Handling 75 Pass % Required
- 4 Learning Safe Handling Habits 75 Pass % Required
- 5 Practical Manual Handling Solutions 75 Pass % Required
- 6 Use of Mechanical Aids 75 Pass % Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).