CPD and Gatehouse Awards Approved
Around 25 per cent of the UK population will experience a mental health problem at some point in their lives. Most are mild, tend to be short-term and are usually treated successfully with therapy and medication.
But it is still a significant problem. Mental Health First Aid teaches participants how to notice and support individuals who may be experiencing mental health issues or exhibiting the signs of substance use in a work environment. They are also taught how to connect those people with appropriate help from fellow employees, community resources or healthcare professionals.
The course introduces the subject and outlines the benefits of Mental Health first aid and workplacewellness schemes. It then goes on to cover the effects of stress on individuals and teams and discusses how stress and mental health are linked.
It then covers the roles of employers, managers and employees in ensuring that a Mental Health First Aid programme is successful. It concludes with a series of practical examples of how to apply mental health first aid to real situations, how to support employees who are experiencing mental health issues and where to point them for further help and advice.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and understand the importance of Mental Health First Aid.
- Develop a greater understanding of mental health issues and the benefits of Mental Health First Aid.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees in achieving better mental health in the workplace.
- Identify the issues of stress in the workplace.
- Develop and understand a wellness strategy within the workplace.
This course is aimed at people in the workplace that would like to become a Mental Health First Aider in their workplace or for Supervisors or Managers that are interested in starting a Mental Health First Aid programme in their workplace.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
This course is endorsed by Gatehouse Awards.
Other courses that complement this one could include Developing a Workplace Mental Health Policy, Stress Awareness and Developing Teamwork, which is also endorsed by the ILM.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 Stress 70% Pass Required
- 3 Employers’ Role 70% Pass Required
- 4 The Role of Management 70% Pass Required
- 5 Employees’ Role: Part 1 70% Pass Required
- 6 Employees’ Role: Part 2 70% Pass Required
- 7 Employees’ Role: Part 3 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 90 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).