This Moving and Handling People eLearning course is aimed at people working in health and social care who have people in their care that have mobility issues. The course outlines the dangers and legislation that applies to moving and handling people as well as showing a range of techniques and equipment that can be used. The course also highlights the importance of proper risk assessments and care plans.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the principles of good and safe patient handling.
• Create and identify risk assessments.
• Understand the skills required for each manoeuvring situation and how they are successfully applied.
• Recognise the equipment that can be used.
People working in Health and Social care roles including health care and residential or nursing homes.
Having training in moving and handling people can ensure that you do not injure yourself or someone in your care.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their work and personal life.
There are a lot of courses in our health and social care suite that would make great follow ups to thiscourse and if you are in the adult social care sector then they would all provide valuable additions to your knowledge.
Specific topics that compliment this directly are Stroke Awareness and Dementia Awareness.
- 1 The Principles of Safer Patient Handling 70% Pass Required
- 2 Moving and Handling Assessments 70% Pass Required
- 3 Practical Skills 70% Pass Required
- 4 Transferring and Walking 70% Pass Required
- 5 Avoiding and Dealing with Patient Falls 70% Pass Required
- 6 Fitting and Using A Flat or Tubular Slide Sheet 70% Pass Required
- 7 Bed Mobility 70% Pass Required
- 8 Other Patient Manoeuvres 70% Pass Required
- 9 Sitting a Patient Up 70% Pass Required
- 10 Hoisting 70% Pass Required
- 11 Checking the Hoist 70% Pass Required
- 12 More Hoisting Practicalities 70% Pass Required
- 13 More Hoisting Techniques 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 150 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).