Positive Handling is a very serious subject. Knowing when and how to act in a difficult situation can be the difference between a positive outcome and a potentially career ending prosecution.
This course will start by looking at some examples and statistics which highlight the seriousness and extent of aggressive pupil behaviour, it will then go on to explain how you can identify the stages of aggression and provide some tips on how you could de-escalate a pupil before they lash out. It also looks at where the law stands on this subject and finally best practice in theory if you ever do need to restrain a pupil.
- 1 The Course Structure 70% Pass Required
- 2 A Serious Business 70% Pass Required
- 3 The Aggression Curve 70% Pass Required
- 4 The SCARF Model 70% Pass Required
- 5 Government Advice and Guidance 70% Pass Required
- 6 Making decisions: Duty of Care 70% Pass Required
- 7 The Law 70% Pass Required
- 8 Physical Intervention and Restraint 70% Pass Required
- 9 Screening, Searching and Confiscation 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 100 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).