Intelligence indicates that further terrorist attacks in our country are ‘highly likely’.
Experience tells us that the threat comes not just from foreign nationals, but from terrorists born and bred in Britain. It is therefore vital that our counter-terrorism strategy contains a plan to prevent radicalisation and stop would-be terrorists from committing mass murder. The Prevent strategy, published by the Government is part of the overall counter-terrorism strategy.
This course starts with an overview of the Government’s Prevent strategy, and then looks at some of the reasons people become extremists. It goes on to cover the objectives of the Prevent strategy, how to base your actions on a risk based approach, what to do if you are concerned and much more.
- 1 Introduction to the Course 70% Pass Required
- 2 What is Prevent? 70% Pass Required
- 3 Prevent Objectives 70% Pass Required
- 4 Delivering Prevent with a Risk-Based Approach 70% Pass Required
- 5 Extremism, Radicalisation and Terrorism 70% Pass Required
- 6 What Should You Do If You Are Concerned? 70% Pass Required
- 7 The Channel Process 70% Pass Required
- 8 British Values 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 65 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).