RoSPA, CPD & Gatehouse Awards Approved
This course is aimed at anyone who undertakes work at height, or who employs people who regularly work at height.
The term work at height applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious ones like working on platforms, ladders, scaffolds or stages to working alongside deep trenches. This is because the crucial thing to understand about work at height is that it’s not how far you climb, but how far you can fall. ‘Falls’ doesn’t just mean people falling from heights. If materials or equipment fall, that will obviously present an equally dangerous hazard to anyone below.
All working at height situations are covered by health and safety legislation. Chief among these is the Work at Height Regulations 2005. These regulations confer legal duties on employers and employees to assess, control and minimise risks and hazards from work at height.
This course covers topics including the dangers of working at height, the regulations, the hierarchy of controls, assessing risk and much more.
It’s vital to understand all this because as I’m sure you’ll know, working at height can be extremely dangerous.
Please note that this is an awareness course only, if your duties include working at height you will also need further practical training, you can get in touch with us to arrange this.
- 1 Introducing Work at Height 70% Pass Required
- 2 The Dangers of Work at Height 70% Pass Required
- 3 The Work at Height Regulations 70% Pass Required
- 4 Summary of Duty Holder’s Responsibilities 70% Pass Required
- 5 Employer’s Responsibilities 70% Pass Required
- 6 The Hierarchy of Control 70% Pass Required
- 7 Avoiding Work at Height Wherever Possible 70% Pass Required
- 8 Prevent Risk of Falls 70% Pass Required
- 9 Minimise Consequences 70% Pass Required
- 10 The Risk Assessment 70% Pass Required
- 11 Course Summary 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 105 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).